Self-Catering Holiday Home in West Cork
Relax in West Cork this Winter or Spring
Our comfortable holiday cottage Tig na Failte overlooks beautiful Dunmanus Bay halfway between Bantry and Schull in West Cork. This Failte Ireland Approved Self-Catering cottage has won an award in 2018 as one of the best Nature Tourism Self-Catering properties in Europe from the EHHA as we focus on the outdoor activity you can do in the area.
The house is suited to year-round rental as it has central heating and a cosy solid fuel stove in the main living area. The comfortable living room and kitchen overlook Dunmanus Bay as do all the bedrooms. The patio and large garden are exclusively yours and there is parking for up to 4 cars.
The rates quoted here are for 4 people booking direct via ActivityDays.ie.
Enjoy a 3-night Mid-Week break from €399 based on 4 people staying.
Plan a weekend break of 2 or 3 nights from €499, based on 4 people sharing. Note- there is a key deposit for this house rental, returned at the end of your stay.
West Cork is beautiful and safe, where Covid-19 is concerned and would like to keep it so for all those who live in the area. We take Covid-19 very seriously and will ask a few questions before accepting your deposit. This will keep your family group and our staff safe, as we have been Covid free since the start of the pandemic. We follow contact tracing policy and will need you to list all those who visit the house during your stay. We do not accept groups for parties.
Contact team@ActivityDays or phone 087 4129698
What to do in West Cork In September- October
West Cork is well known for its wide variety of artisan food producers, many of whom sell their produce at Bantry Market on Friday mornings or Skibbereen on Saturday mornings.
- Experience a Food History Tour in Cork city as an introduction to the area with a Food Tour in Cork city which includes a takeaway box of foods from the famous English Market.
Have a meal in one of the great local restaurants:
- Blairs Cove House has mid-week dining availability with a 3-course gourmet meal for €65 per person.
- Chestnut Restaurant in Ballydehob has a Michelin Star and seats no more than 18 people at a time in its small intimate restaurant.
- Order a Gourmet Seafood Platter from the Fish Kitchen in Bantry or a Collect and cook meal.
- Have Afternoon Tea at the Gougane Barra Hotel
- Collect a pizza from Antonio’s in Ballydehob or have lunch in Hackett’s Pub in Schull.
Places to Visit
- Bantry House and Gardens
- Ullin Arts Centre in Skibbereen
- Mizen Head Lighthouse at the end of the peninsula
- Drive the wild headlands of Mizen, Sheep’s Head and Beara – take a day to drive each one at leisure. The scenery is stunningly beautiful, wild and untamed.
- Go Walking on the Way-Marked routes along the Sheeps Head, along the Fastnet Trails between Ballydehob and Goleen or along the quiet country lanes. Walk the nearly empty beaches or on the Mine Road or other lanes.
Activity in West Cork
- Walk to the Lighthouse or other walks on the Sheep’s Head Way with detailed map. Walk up the Mine Road for great views of the area.
- Guided Photo walk for a half-day using a DSLR Camera Walk on the headlands with an expert photographer.
- The seawater stays warm until late October- bring the wetsuits and swim off a beach or jump off a pier. Walk along the nearly empty beaches.
- Take a boat trip to visit Garnish Island ( ends Mid-October)
- Take a Moonlight Kayak trip at one of 3 centres in West Cork ( to end of October)
- Take a ferry to Whiddy Island and walk the quiet lanes. ( all year round)
- Bring bikes and go cycling the country lanes of West Cork, especially the Sheep’s Head.
- Go Whale Watching off the South Coast where Whales are busy feeding at present – am or pm trip ( to late October)
- For a group charter a boat to go Deep Sea Fishing off the West Cork Coast. ( all year round)
- Take a Boat trip to Cape Clear Island and walk the quiet lanes (all year round)
Want to just relax and enjoy the scenery in safety – stay Tig na Failte, West Cork or book via email@example.com These in the Autumn winter of 2020-21 all trips need to be planned – Activity Days can do all the planning for your trip to West Cork or anywhere along the Wild Atlantic Way.
Photo Walk on Sheep’s Head, West Cork
For all your Self-Catering holiday needs and suggested Activity and Restaurant’s contact team@ActiviytDays.ie.
To see views of West Cork check out our Youtube Channel