16 + Years Old
The night kayak takes place in West Cork at Union Hall or Lough Hyne. Enjoy the moonlight, the stars and the sounds of the night. The guided tour starts before dusk with a safety briefing and then get on the water in double kayaks. Hear the birdsong as they settle down for the night, smell the clear Atlantic air and become part of nature. In summer the natural phosphorescence in the water sparkles at night. The water shimmers around you as you paddle along in an area rich in aquatic life. This is one of those secret magical experiences which are not easy to find but will leave with a great memory of your time in West Cork. Nature is all around you with the sounds and fragrances of the unspoilt area.
Union Hall or Lough Hyne, €75 per person
( we need a min of 2 people booked).
Group Enquiry (5+)
2- 14. -Early booking advisable, up to 6 weeks in advance for weekends in summer
Single or double kayaks,paddles, lifejackets, splash coat, helmet and expert local instructor
Wear layers of clothing, with a sweatshirt, long trousers, a hat and old runners. Bring a drink and if you have a camera or phone make sure it is in a waterproof case for magical photos
Things to do in the area
Sea Safari in West Cork (L),
Visit Skibberreen Heritage centre, Walk the hills at Lough Hyne, Visit the Islands of Cape Clear and Sherkin.
Good To Know
- This is a magical night time activity on the sea or lough and not suited to people under 16 years of age.Teenagers 16+ can take place with a ratio of 1 adult per teenager, here is no special rates for teenagers.
- Wear old runners which may get wet as you enter the water.
- The kayak trip is magical and can end quite late, we strongly advise staying close by in West Cork that night, we can advise on places to stay.
- Have a good meal early in the evening making sure you have finished at least .5 hour before departure.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for the safety instructions so you can make the most of the trip.
- If you have medication ( inhaler etc) please give to the guide at the start of the trip, and collect before you leave. This activity is not suited to pregnant women, people with a heart or back condition. Do not ask to do this if you have an arm or leg in plaster!
- Have a towel, change of fresh clothes in the car, in case you get wet or cold. We don’t recommend wearing wetsuits as they can cause skin to chaff.
- If the centre you asked for is full, we reserve the right to move to another centre in West Cork. If this does not suit you we will provide a refund.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.