Fitness Level 2
Charter Boat up to 50 People
Boat for Hire
Garnish Island Trip – Garnish Island is a botanical treasure with an extensive garden created by John Annan Bryce on what had been a barren rocky outcrop in Glengarriff Harbour. The warm Gulf Stream ocean current gives the area its mild microclimate which has made it possible for the amazing range of exotic plants to thrive here. Highlights include the Italian Garden and Casita, the Walled Garden, Grecian temple, Martello Tower and the beautiful sweep of Happy Valley. You reach the island by ferry and on the way you see seals bask on rocks and frolic in the water. There is a small museum in the garden and a tearoom and toilets at the landing point although you may like to bring a picnic of local foods with you.
Boat Charters in Bantry Bay– We can arrange a charter boat for up to 50 people to take you around Bantry Bay or a fishing boat for up to 12 people departing from the same pier.
Garinish Island Trip €
Charter of Angling Boat or larger boat for a group – enquiry form
Groups of four up to fifty people need to be booked at least a week in advance.
Boat to the island
Flat walking shoes, rainwear and, if you like, a picnic of local foods (we can suggest where to buy the best local artisan foods)
Things to do in the area
Take a night Kayak trip in Glengarriff (L). In the afternoon take a chocolate making course nearby(L).
Other gardens in the Beara area include Ewe Gardens and Deelish Gardens.
Take a drive around the stunning Beara peninsula and down the Healy pass.
Good To Know
- This island is open to people of all ages but there are some steep sets of steps. Some paths are difficult to negotiate with a buggy
- Lovely place to walk along the paths, with stunning views of the island, the bay and the mainland.
- Ewe Garden nearby is very child friendly and could be combined with this island garden trip.
- Killarney is 75 minutes drive via Kenmare. Cork is 90 minutes drive.
- Ample parking close to ferry departure area in Glengarriff. Deal with this reliable operator who has a boat which can take up to 50 people at a time.
- Glengarriff is a very picturesque village and eat and has a number of places to dine.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.