Boat – Rib
10 + Years Old
Take a Sea Safari to view whales, dolphins, porpoises, seals and a variety of wildlife. The coastal waters of Ireland have been designated a Whale and Dolphin sanctuary. West Cork is the richest feeding ground for the majestic whales and is the best place in Europe to see them as they feed off Cape Clear Island
You sail in a rib boat with its speed making it an exhilarating fun experience and its shallow draft allowing it to come in close to view the dramatic coastline. The one hour trip takes you around some of Carbery’s Hundred Isles to view a castle and hear the history of the area.
Day Sea Safari 2-3 hours €35 ( am and Pm slots)
Evening Sea Safari – enquiry form
Corporate group – enquiry form
Lifejackets, Expert Skipper Guide
Wear long trousers, flat shoes, layers of clothing, rainwear and a hat. If you bring a camera make sure it is in a waterproof case
Things to do in the area
Take a night kayak to see the phosphorescence.(L)
Visit the islands of Sherkin and Cape Clear.
Take a walk to the Beacon at the heeadland beyond Baltimore.
Drive along the coast through Skibbereen, Balydehob, Schull, Goleen to Mizen Head.
Good To Know
- Parking at pier carpark (just beyond pier) in Baltimore. Toilets just beside the parking .
- Restaurants and cafes in Baltimore for a meal after your sea safari. Eat light before the trip as can be bumpy.
- Not suited to children under 10, those with back or heart conditions, pregnant women.
- Make sure any camera or phone is a waterproof container- and advise to bring to catch those magic photos or videos.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your trips so can get the safety briefing.
- If the weather is stormy, fog or too windy this trip will be cancelled, due to safety considerations and a refund given.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.