Fitness Level 2
Having walked the Wild Atlantic Way our expert nature Photographer/Guide has settled in West Cork. He will guide you in taking those magical photographs using your DSLR Camera. Choose from one of the following areas you may want to walk and take the best photographs:
the West Cork islands.
This activity is available for an individual or group of people. It includes instruction on the technical aspects of photography as well as taking you to the best sites for spectacular photographs. Choose scenery, flowers, birds and animals or a sunset photoshoot.
Option to have your best photograph printed on high-quality photographic paper (what size max ) to take home with you. It is best to focus on one area for a workshop.
Nature Photo Walk in West Cork
Take a half-day or full-day guided walk with our Photographer/Guide to capture magical views of West Cork. You can focus on animals, birds, nature or scenery with the guide suggesting the best spots for your interest and fitness level. Mizen Head, Schull, Skibbereen, Sheep’s Head and Whiddy Island are favourite areas for those magical photos. Option to have your best photograph printed on high-quality photographic paper.
Dusk and Sunset Photography
Bantry Bay in West Cork sees spectacular sunsets and capturing them with a good DSLR Camera is an art form. The Photographer/Guide will give suggestions on aperture, speed, lenses for the perfect photographs at sunset on Bantry Bay. Start time depends on sunset but normally from 7 pm to 10 pm
1 person €65
2 people €110 ( €55 per person)
3 people €135.00 ( €45 per person)
4 + Enquire for Group Rate
Day Private Rate 1 person €170
5+ Please use enquiry form
Expert Nature Photography Guide who knows the area well
DSLR Camera, Walking shoes, Rainwear, Rucksack with drinks and snacks. Provide your own transport to meet guide at choose site.
Things to do in the area
* Boat Trip To Whiddy Island or Garinish Island (Nature Photography),
- Sea Safari to take photos of seals, dolphins or possibly whales.
- Boat Trip to take Fastnet Lighthouse photos.
Good To Know
- This is a half-day activity with a photographer/guide who will take you to sites on the southern Wild Atlantic Way to take those magical photographs.
- You need to provide for your own transport to follow the guide to the photography sites. Then you will walk with the guide to the area chosen for photographs.
* A DSLR camera per person is a basic requirement for the trip and it is your responsibility to keep the camera equipment safe and dry. Bring a waterproof container for the camera and equipment. You may wish to bring filters, lenses or other equipment.
- The Photography guide is a specialist in nature photography and can focus on birds, marine life, animals, flowers or scenery, but not all at the same time! We will send you a form after booking This is agreed before the trip so the guide can plan the best place for the workshop.
- The Guide can be hired for a day or longer if you wish to visit multiple sites
- If you wish to combine the photography with a sea safari, a boat trip this can be organised.
- A Group rate can be organised for more than 4 people with a max of 12 in the group.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.