- +353 873306306
Kayak Tours, West Cork
West Cork Kayak Tour – Basic techniques of Kayaking in Castlehave Bay, West Cork. Suited to beginners and people 12+. Takes place 11am and 14.30 for 2.5 hours trip daily. Cost €70 Adults
Kayak Safari West Cork – For more experienced kayakers and adults only on a 4 hour Guided Sea Kayak Tour. Takes place 11.00 and 14.30 daily. Cost per person €85
TPrices from €70PP
High Demand Tour
Fitness Level 3
14+ Years Old
West Cork Kayaking Tour
This Guided tour is for people aged 12+ with no experience of kayaking. Get a safety briefing and learn the basic techniques of Kayaking in safe Castlehaven Bay. The trip explores the inlets from the sea with relaxed storytelling of nature, rain life, and stories of the area. Great family expereince, but needs 1 adult to each person under 18 years of age. Takes place in West Cork at Union Hall Lasts 2.5 hours 11am and 2.30pm daily Cost Adults €70, Teenagers (12-16) €60
Kayak Safari in West Cork
For more experienced kayakers – take a 4 hour guided Sea Kayak Tour. Explore the rugged sea caves islands and rich marine life of the West Cork coast, in the southwest of Ireland. Need to be 16 + to take part in double kayaks, but can request a single kayak if proof of experience.
Minimum booking is 2 people, but this tour only runs when we have 4 or more booked and is weather dependent. At Low tide, trips can be organized for groups to investigate the seaweed of the West Cork Coast.
Time 11.00 and 14.30 daily Cost €85 per person ( min 2 in booking)
- Most trips take place in Double kayaks, but customers on the Kayak Safari can request a single Kayak.
- The Night Kayak in West Cork is suited only to people who are 18+. people taking these trips need to be over 18 years of age and have some experience of kayaking. As there are double kayaks each person under 18 need to be accompanied by an adult. Arrive 15 minutes or more before the start time of the trip. This will allow for a safety briefing and organization for the trip.
- Provided with Kayak, paddles, trousers, jackets, and lifejackets for the trip – all safety equipment must be worn as a safety requirement.
- Requests are paid for within 24 hours of offering, to confirm.
- Cancelation up to a month before the trip. IF you do not turn up for the assigned trip, all money paid will be forfeit.
- These trips are all weather dependent and your safety is our greatest concern. As a result of unsafe weather, trips will occasionally have to be canceled and a refund given.
Toggle content goes here, click edit button to change this text.
- Things To Do
- Price / Group Size
- We Provide
- Please Bring
- Good To Know
- Disability / Accessability
- Reviews (0)
Things To Do
There is so much to Do in Co Cork. Contact us for an action packed planned day of activity or look at our website.
Visit Spike Island with its fort in the middle of Cork Harbour(L). Take a Food Tour with the family in Cork city (L). Walk in Gougan Barra National Park or a Sea Safari (L)or Boat trip (L) to see the wild-life off the coast of West Cork at Baltimore.
Price / Group Size
€65 Adults .
Needs a minimum of 2 people booked. Group Bookings of 5+ make an enquiry.
Early booking advisable, up to 2 weeks in advance for weekends in summer.
Single or Double kayaks, paddles, lifejackets, splash coat, helmet and expert local instructor.
Wear layers of clothing, with a sweatshirt, long trousers, a hat and old runners. And just in case the sun shines bring sun tan lotion! Bring a drink and ensure your camera or camera or phone are in a waterproof case for magical photos.
Good To Know
- This is a great family fun way to get children from 10 year of age on the water. We can cater for special needs – once advised at booking time.
- Parent or Guardian needs to accompany children on the water and if taking a group of children under 18 years of age, must get each child’s guardian to sign the consent form before the trip and hand to the guide on arrival with the booking form.
- This is a magical night time activity on the sea or lough and not suited to children. We ask that teenagers are 12+ and to have one adult per teenager for the half day safari.
- This guided activity needs a fitness level 3 as it is 2+ hours, West Cork and finishes about 10pm
- There is plenty of parking at the meeting point.
- Wear old runners which may get wet as you enter the water.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for the safety instructions so you can make the most of the trip.
- If you have medication (inhaler etc) please give to the guide at the start of the trip, and collect before you leave. This activity is not suited to pregnant women, people with a heart or back condition or to anyone with an arm or leg in plaster!
- Have a towel and change of clothes in the car in case you get wet or cold. We don’t recommend wearing wetsuits as they can cause skin to chaff.
- If the centre you asked for is full we reserve the right to move to another centre in West Cork. If this does not suit you we will provide a refund.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.