Fitness Level 3
Take a short hop across to Heir Island off Cork’s south Coast and develop your skills at a dedicated sailing school in an unspoilt area. Heir Island is one of Carbery’s Hundred Isles and is an unspoilt landscape dotted with cottages from the 1920s. The sailing school is an ideal place to spend a day, a weekend or a week learning the skills of sailing a small topaz dinghy. It’s an ideal activity for a family or a corporate group.Sit top Kayak Rental is available on request,please use enquiry form below
Cunnamore Pier is only 20 minutes drive from Baltimore and 30 minutes drive from Schull or Bantry.
Evening Family Sailing Lesson – spend the evening with the family learning to sail together. Rent a sit top Kayak for each of the adults for the afternoon so you can have fun on the water. The safe sandy beach is ideal for swimming and this is a great place to bring a picnic – there is no shop or pub
Adult Sailing Lesson – or an individual or group spend a 1/2 day or a full day learning to sail in a safe area, with a minimum of 2 people per booking. These lessons with an instructor take place during the week. The weekend course is 2 full days on the island, but accommodation needs to be organised elsewhere (send an enquiry form for us to arrange for you)
Group or Corporate Event– we can customise the event on the island for a corporate group or as a place to get away from it all. Other activities can be added as well as a meal in the island’s only restaurant. It needs to be booked well in advance as it’s in high demand.
10.30am, 2.30pm or 6.30pm or by arrangement
Minimum 2 booking for each activity
Evening Family sailing lesson €50.00
Adult 1/2 Day Lesson €65.00
Adult Day lesson €105.00 – Please use enquiry form below
Adult weekend or Weekly sailing course
Corporate Team building event
Topaz sailing boats suited to adults and children (accompanied), expert instructor, changing area and toilets.
Change of clothes, old runners, swimwear and a towel. As there is no shop on the island bring food and water. A camera is very important to capture the experience.
Things to do in the area
For adults take a night Kayak nearby to experience the bioluminescence(L). Take a trip to Cape Clear or around Fastnet Rock (L). Go whale watching in a sea safari (L) or take a drive to Mizen Head on the southerly tip of the mainland.
Good To Know
- The prices above are subject to a minimum of 2 people booking
- Parking s available free of charge on Cunnamore Pier for the duration of your trip to the island.
- The Ferry leaves for Heir Island at the following times from April to October: For a special ferry trip you can contact. The return trip from the island is 10 minutes before the above times.
|Mon to Fri||8.30||10.00||12.00||14.00||16.00||18.00|
- The sit top kayaks are for fun close to the shore of the island and is not a guided activity. We recommend the kayak in the afternoon and the sailing in the evening at about 7pm. Choose 2 activities and qualify for a discount – send an enquiry form
- This activity is not not wheelchair friendly as there are septs ton to the ferry due to tidal variation.
- Bring Food and drinks with you.
- We can organise a range of activity and accommodation on the island, but it is often booked well in advance for July and August so enquire early.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to the paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.