Fitness Level 2
Head to one of the most westerly beaches for surfing lessons on the Atlantic waves. Take a 2-hour class in the afternoon to learn the skill of surfing. Board, wetsuit and instruction are provided. Enjoy an open quiet beach as the waves crash in from the Wild Atlantic Way. If you would like other activities in this area we have lots to recommend. Takes place summer months only.
Surfing Lesson – Take a 1.5 hours surfing lesson and can be a private lesson for 1 or 2 people or a group lesson for 5-8 people. This is a personal experience with an expert instructor who knows the waves. Arrive early to put on the wetsuit and get safety instructions. As surfing takes place on a low or incoming tide the time varies so we have made a time suggestion and will confirm the time on booking.
Adult Group Lesson €50
Teenagers Lesson (10-18 years old) €40
Special Couple offer July and August 2020 -€90
Adult Private Lesson €60
5+ Please use the enquiry form
Expert Instructor ,Surfboard and wetsuits
Swimwear, towel, warm sweatshirt in case get cold. Bring old shoes or sandals as cross some rocks to beach.
Things to do in the area
Visit the Mizen Head Lighthouse nearby where you can walk the 90 steps down the cliff to the Lighthouse and see how the lighthouse keepers lived. Stand on the most south-westerly point of Irelands Mainland.
Drive to Dublough Bay on at the western end of Dunmanus Bay and walk to Three Castle Head on a waymarked route.
Drive the Mizen Ring, from Bantry to Mizen Head on the north side of the headland, with stunning scenery. Drive back via Crookhaven, Goleen and Schull on the southern side of the headland.
Good To Know
- There is a large carpark at the beach and or at the nearby hotel. The guide will meet you at the beach on the hotel side of the long beach.
- This activity is dependent on the tide level so we will send you a specific
time for the lesson. Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the lesson for a
safety briefing and fitting of a wetsuit.
- The surfing is best at low tide with gentle waves. There is a rip tide at the
easter side of the sandy beach. There are lifeguards on the beach and stay with your instructor who knows the beach well
- Bring a snack to eat after the lesson or we can recommend a nearby
- This activity will fit in with other pursuits in the Mizen Head and West Cork area, making the most of your time here.
- Cancellation Policy – this activity can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. The money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.