You have 3 options in Lahinch:
1 Private Lesson – For the private surfing lesson you can have 1 to 1 tuition for the 2 hours of the lesson (can take up to 4 in a group max)
2 Surfing Lesson as part of a group – surfing lessons take place all day at the Surf Centre. You are allocated to join a specific time for a group lesson – better suited to families.
3 Experienced Surfer – You will have the use of equipment for 2 hours to surf in the big waves off the West Coast of Ireland
Surf Lesson Group 10am, 2pm, 4pm; Private Lesson 9.30am, 4pm; Experienced Surfer – any time of day
Surfing Lesson as part of group €45
Private Surf Lesson €95
Experienced Surfer – 2 hrs €45
max 24 per group with 1 Guide to 8 surfers
Wetsuit, boots, board, changing room, option of Expert Guide to teach skills.
Swimwear, Old Runners
Things to do in the area
Visit the Cliffs of Moher, Kayak or Paddle board from Ennistymon to Lahinch, Climb on Burren Cliffs, Burren Walking Experience, Visit a Goats Cheese Farm for Tour, Smoked Salmon Tour,
Good To Know
- The West Coast of Ireland has a few places which are excellent for surfing- and Lahinch is only 15 minutes drive from the famous Cliffs of Moher so you can plan this activity before or after visiting the Cliffs. It’s one of the top safe places with big waves and competitions.
- Big Atlantic waves breaking on a sandy beach offers fun for both beginners and experienced surfers with a swell of 1m to 2m+. Lessons are only offered when conditions are safe.
- Surfing can’t take place at low tide so the lesson time may change slightly from the time booked. Weekends are usually the busiest times.
- There are changing rooms beside the beach and ample car parking in a paid carpark on the seafront.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your booked time to suit up before the 2 hour experience. Hot Showers
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.