Fitness Level 3
Lough Hyne, West Cork is a marine nature reserve and saltwater tidal lake which was formed in the last ice age, The lough has a nutrient rich water flood at high tide with a wide variety of marine life and diversity. There are rapids, lovely cliff faces, a wide variety of marine life including scallops, strains and sea urchins.
Book a Charter Whale and Dolphin Wildlife Tour for 6-12 people for a 3-4 hour trip. This trip takes tyou to the areas around Baltimore West Cork where the dolphins, whales as well as basking sharks and seals are found. This boat provides you with lifejackets, binoculars and a toilet. €40 per person
Evening Susnet Tour to Fastnet – De[parts Baltimore at 7.30pm approx. arriving at Fastnet around sunset for a magical trip. for 6-12 people at €40 per person
Daily but time depends on tide
Min 4 to Max 10 people
Expert Guide, Semi-dry suit, boots, fins snorkel, buoyancy aid
Swim togs, towel, snack and drink for after your snorkel trip.
Things to do in the area
Mizen Head and the Lighthouse, the most southerly point in Irelands mainland is a lovely day’s drive from Skibbereen. Lough Hyne is a nature reserve with a lovely forest walk to the top of the hill overlooking the lake.
Go on a Kayak Tour, Family Fun Kayak or Night Kayak ( L). Get up close to nature with a Sea Safari (L) or take a boat trip to Cape Clear and around Fastnet Rock Lighthouse (L).
Good To Know
- Each teenager ( 12+) must be accompanied by an adult for safety reasons. `this is not suited to younger children and all aged 15+ are charged as adults.
- This Guided activity is dependent on tides and occurs once a day. Make an enquiry and we will confirm time when booking before taking payment.
- Guardians must sign the PADI liability release form for minors before the trip. Guides are qualified PADI diving instructors.
- Each person taking the snorkelling guided tour of Lough Hyne must be a good strong swimmer as you will be in the lake for 2 hours.
- The guide will meet you at their business near Skibbereen 30 minutes + before the trip to give a safety briefing and give correct size clothing. You do not need to return to this base after the snorkel and need to travel to Lough Hyne in own car. Transport from the dive centre to the dive site is not provided.
- Parking at Lough Hyne at entry to lake.
- Why not bring a picnic of local foods to have after your exellerating snorkel trip.
- We can book accommodation in the area after your snorkel trip if it takes place late in the evening or early in the morning.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.