10 + Years Old
2 – 3 Hours
The famous Skellig Island are over 11 km off the west coast of Kerry. We offer an Eco Boat trip around Skellig Michael and Little Skellig Islands, which are UNESCO protected islands. The boat trip with an expert local skipper and view these dramatic rocky outcrops where hermit monks lived from the 6th century.
Admire the views of the larger Skellig Michaels as it rises sheer from the Atlantic and made famous recently by the Star Wars. These trips are very popular due to the Star Wars connection so early booking is advised. The boat has a toilet for your comfort.Unpredictable seas mean we do not land on the islands. Eco boat trips take place from the start in late March to mid-November,depending on weather.
Skellig Eco Boat Tour €60
Group Booking – enquiry form
Day Sea Safari 2-3 hours €35 ( am and Pm slots)
Evening Sea Safari – enquiry form
Corporate group – enquiry form
Boat with lifejackets, expert local Skipper who gives commentary on what you see along the route. Max 12 per boat but we have access to 3 boat in total.
It can get cold so bring layers of clothing, long trousers and rainwear. A Camera for those amazing shots.
Things to do in the area
Take in the stunning views of the Ring of Kerry and Skellig Ring as you drive the narrow lanes. Skellig Ring suited to cars only.
Visit the Skellig Centre on Valentia Island.
Take a walk along the Atlantic cliffs at Bray Head on Valentia, map here
See where Marconi transmitted the first transatlantic signals from Valentia Island.
Good To Know
- This Boat takes you around Skellig Michael and Little Skellig with its large colony of seabirds who nest there all summer. Puffins and gannets fly overhead.
- Our boat trips do not land on the island due to the swell caused by unpredictable weather. We find you get a better view by travelling around both islands.
- A minimum number is required so trips may be combined and the time altered if a low number is booked. Early booking is advised.
- Read our blog on the Skellig Trip with further details of what you may expect https://activitydays.ie/the-skellig-boat-trip-options-2/.
- Trips take place from late March to the mid November, weather depending.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.