Fitness Level 2
Take a leisurely bus tour along the Old Butter Roads of County Cork, taking in the heritage and tasting the foods of Cork
Takes place on specific dates on Wednesday, Friday or Saturday from 9.30am to 3.30pm. These tours visit different places as part of the tours
Departure & Return
Meet at the Butter Museum, Cork at 9.30am and finish at 3.30pm approx.
Bus Transport and Guide. Visit to selected food producers, a tasting platter and bottle of water.
Walking shoes and rainwear.
Good to Know
- This tour starts outside the Butter Museum where there is limited parking.The city centre carparks are available and we can advise on the best value parking if you need it.
- The tour is depended on 6 or more people booking to a max of 28 people on this tour, due to the roads.
- A vIsit to the Butter Museum, driving along the Butter Road and a picnic of Old Butter Roads Producers is included in the cost.
- This tour works on specific dates once a month but if a group can organise a special tour along the route on a day to meet your requirements.
- We cannot provide for special dietary needs, but will give advise on food content and are aware of the restrictions. You choose what you eat.
- Fitness Level 2 for this tour due to some walking . Please advise if you have a person with limited walking or a wheelchair as we can modify the tour to meet the group requirements
- A meal of Old Butter Roads Producers can be booked at a restaurant at 5pm in the evening (Cost €32)
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to the paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.
About the Guide
Maire was raised in the picturesque West Cork Gaeltacht, starting to learn English at 7 years of age. She has a detailed knowledge of Munster, and her home county of Cork in particular. She now divides her time between the village of Blarney and the beautiful Mizen Peninsula.
She has a Degree in Home Economics with Irish from UCG. She spent 25 years teaching at second level, mainly in Doneraile near the Ballyhoura Mountains in North County Cork.
She also served as Catering Officer on the Irish Sail Training Vessel Asgard Two for four years and later worked with the Irish Tourism Training Body. All these jobs helped foster her love of food and cookery.