High Demand Tour
Fitness Level 3
14 + Years Old
Family Fun Kayak – Kayak session for 2 hours for novice or family on a lake or a river in Beautiful West Cork. It is a great way to have a party or as part of a holiday. Feel part of the nature around you with the sounds and smells of the unspoilt area. Takes place at 3 to 5 pm from April to September. In July and August an 11.30- 1.30 trip is also avaialble.
Takes place in West Cork at Union Hall or Ballingeary (closer to Cork City)
Kayak Sea Safari – This is a great way to feel part of nature as you glide along the water with your expert guide. Takes place at Union Hall from mid- March to thed of Spetember at 11am or 2.30 for for 3 hours. The people taking these trips need to be over 12 years of age and have some experience of kayaking. As there are double kayaks each person under 18 need to be accompanied by an adult.
€55 Adults .
Needs a minimum of 2 people booked. Group Bookings of 5+ make an enquiry
Early booking advisable, up to 2 weeks in advance for weekends in summer
Single or Double kayaks, paddles, lifejackets, splash coat, helmet and expert local instructor.
Wear layers of clothing, with a sweatshirt, long trousers, a hat and old runners. And just in case the sun shines bring sun tan lotion! Bring a drink and ensure your camera or camera or phone are in a waterproof case for magical photos
Things to do in the area
There is so much to Do in Co Cork. Contact us for an action packed planned day of activity or look at our website.
Visit Spike Island with its fort in the middle of Cork Harbour(L). Take a Food Tour with the family in Cork city (L). Walk in Gougan Barra National Park or a Sea Safari (L)or Boat trip (L) to see the wild-life off the coast of West Cork at Baltimore.
Good To Know
- This is a great family fun way to get children from 10 year of age on the water. We can cater for special needs – once advised at booking time.
- Parent or Guardian needs to accompany children on the water and if taking a group of children under 18 years of age, must get each child’s guardian to sign the consent form before the trip and hand to the guide on arrival with the booking form.
- This is a magical night time activity on the sea or lough and not suited to children. We ask that teenagers are 12+ and to have one adult per teenager for the half day safari.
- This guided activity needs a fitness level 3 as it is 2+ hours, West Cork and finishes about 10pm
- There is plenty of parking at the meeting point.
- Wear old runners which may get wet as you enter the water.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for the safety instructions so you can make the most of the trip.
- If you have medication (inhaler etc) please give to the guide at the start of the trip, and collect before you leave. This activity is not suited to pregnant women, people with a heart or back condition or to anyone with an arm or leg in plaster!
- Have a towel and change of clothes in the car in case you get wet or cold. We don’t recommend wearing wetsuits as they can cause skin to chaff.
- If the centre you asked for is full we reserve the right to move to another centre in West Cork. If this does not suit you we will provide a refund.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.