Fitness Level 2
Arts and Crafts
Learn to make your own silver jewellery using a variety of techniques to create a unique memento of the Wild Atlantic Way. You can make a ring, bracelet, earrings, brooch or pendant under the guidance of a Master Silversmith in a studio between Clonakilty and Skibbereen on the Wild Atlantic Way. Gems and silver are provided and paid for at the end of the 3 hours beginners class. Jewellery making courses can be booked for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday from 10am daily. Beginners courses can be a 1/2 day, a full day or make an enquiry for a 5 day course (Monday – Friday).
10am – 1pm on your day of choice (groups are small so book well in advance)
Jewellery Making 1/2 Day (Mon- Thurs, Saturday) Workshop €70 Full Day ( Mon – Thurs, Saturday) Workshop €130
Enquiry for 5 day course – enquiry form
Master Silversmith tutor, silver and gemstones for you to work on, Workshop and all equipment.
Old family gemstones, ideas for jewellery, a leaf, flower or moment you want to celebrate in silver jewellery.
Things to do in the area
- Walk the hills, take a kayak trip, Sea Safari, visit an island for inspiration or take a boat trip around Fastnet Rock .
- Enjoy the fresh air and beaches of West Cork, all close to the jewellery workshop.
- Get to know the artisan Food and Drink producers of Cork with a Food tour in Cork city, Clonakilty or Bantry.
- Take a Guided Photo walk in West Cork to photograph nature, wildlife or sunsets. Walk the hills of the Sheep’s Head or enjoy the Mizen Head.
- Take a Guided Tour of the Artists of the Beara Peninsula or a cable car to Dursey Island.
- Visit the craft shops of west Cork and we can give a list of artists to visit in their workshops.
Good To Know
- The Master Silversmith will have silver and a choice of gems which you can use and pay for by weight at the end of the workshop.
- Due to the size of space this workshop is not wheelchair friendly.
- This activity is suited to people over 18 years of age.
- As this is a specialist activity there is no reduction for a group.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.