Fitness Level 2
10 + Years Old
1 – 3 Hours
Go Horse rinding in Killarney National Park along the Lakes of Killarney, as you travel through the Kenmare Estate. The views of Ross Island, The McGillycuddy Reeks and Innisfallen Island with beautiful views of the lakes and mountains of Killarney. All rides are supervised by guides with special care taken of nervous or beginner riders. We cater for all levels of riding experience (walk, trot and canter depending on each individuals ability), and riders are grouped according to ability. However, should you wish to arrange a mixed group we can accommodate your request. Guides will accompany you and tell the stories of the area you are rinding through.
Depending on your experience take 1,2 or 3 hours horse back trip
Trail Ride – for 1 hour for inexperienced riders at oam, 3.30pm and 4.30pm
Trekking – for 2 hours for people who have some experience of horse riding, at 9am or 2pm
Hacking – for 3 hours at 9am each morning for experienced horse riders only.
3 hours trip. €105
2 hours trip. €85
1 hour Trip €50
Depends on length of tour you choose.
The Riding Stables provide horse suited to your needs, Guide, Riding Helmets and Rubber Boots.
Riding Helmets are compulsory and therefore must be worn.
Boots are there should you not have suitable footwear.
Clothes suitable for horse riding, layers of clothing and rainwear. Wear socks if you are planning to use our footwear. Helmets are compulsory for all.
Things to do in the area
Visit Killarney National Park and Muckross House and Gardens. Take a Jaunting Cart along the lakes or Killarney (L)
For the more active take a boat across the Lakes of Killarney and Cycle or walk back to Killarney (L)
Take a 2 hour walk or longer along the Lakes of Killarney (L) or climb a mountain (L).
Take a day to drive the spectacular the Ring of Kerry on a day with Valentia Island and Skellig Rock boat trips from Portmagee. or walk the Kerry Way to Kenmare.
Good To Know
- This riding stables caters to beginners to advanced riders with guided horse riding tours in Killarney National Park.
- The time of the trip will vary from Summer to winter, as all trips take place in daylight.
- Children from 10 years of age up, accompanied by parent per child can take the guided Horse riding trips. We recommend the shorter trips for younger people.
- The friendly guides are happy to assist those who are not accustomed to horse riding. English is the main language of the guides, but there are some French German and Spanish speaking guides – if you want to request these languages.
- The helmets must be work and rubber boots are supplied free of charge.
- Arrive at the Stables at least 15 minutes before departure time to make sure you have all equipment fitted and get to know the horse before the trip. Parking available at the stables.
- if you request collection from your accommodation, within 3 miles of the centre it can be pre-arranged free of charge at time of booking. Parking space for those who drive at stables.
- Fitness level 2 for this activity as you must be mobile enough to get on horseback.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.