Fitness Level 2 – 3
2 – 5 Hours
Burren Walking Tour – A guided walking tour with a fully qualified local guide who will tell of the heritage, nature, geology and archeology of this unique landscape. Walking in this limestone area presents an opportunity to discover and gain insight into the flora, fauna and archaeological remnants of the past. The guided walking tours are stimulating; a complete engagement in this wilderness on unknown paths where one can absorb the peace, stillness, and beauty of this magical ground. This walk takes 2 hours and the guide will meet you at a central point and drive to the start point of the walk.
Day Immersion in Burren Area – visit a goats cheese farm, tasting the award winning cheese. With your guide take an immersive walk through this unique landscape where you will see the goats in the wild as well as the flora, fauna and archaeology of the area. Meet your guide at a central point to travel the lanes of Co Clare, gaining insights into the landscape and hearing how the farmers of the area survive. This will take 4-5 hours and you should bring a packed lunch.
By arrangement but meet at Clare Heritage Centre Museum, Church Street, Corofin, Co Clare
Private tour of 2 hrs €60 ( min 2)
Day Immersion in Burren Private tour – €75 per person up to a group of 4. – Enquiry Form
Guide who knows the area intimately, having been born and raised in the Burren, Co Clare
Flat walking shoes, rainwear and layers of clothing. Bring water and a snack in a backpack.
Things to do in the area
Surf in the Atlantic Ocean at Lahinch, one of Ireland’s premier surfings locations.
Visit the Cliffs of Moher with the dramatic views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Visit the Poulnabrone Portal Dolmen, one of Ireland’s most famous ancient sites.
Good To Know
- The Burren area is very uneven with Limestone rocks. Good Quality walking shoes are essential. If you have difficulty with terrain the guide can organise an on-road only walk – for the whole group. A Wheelchair accessible walk can be organised but need to be advises at time of booking – use the enquiry form.
- The lanes of the Burren are complex and easy to get lost on- this is why we organise meeting at a central point. You can follow the guide in your own transport from there if you wish.
- Day Immersion has food tasting but not a full meal as part of the tour.
- You will need transport to get to the walking area. If you do not have your own car we can organise transport for your group.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.