Fitness Level 2
Charter Boat – Max 12 people
Baltimore West Cork, Ireland around Fastnet Lighthouse on a Day trip
Fastnet Lighthouse Tour – the majestic and dramatic looking Fastnet Rock Lighthouse is to the south-west of Cape Clear Island off the coast of Co Cork. Take the boat to Cape Clear in the morning to Ireland’s most southerly island where you can visit the Fastnet Rock Heritage Centre, the Fastnet Rock Memorials and then walk around the rugged island itself. Great opportunity to take close up photos of the Fastnet Rock and inspiring lighthouse. Return to Baltimore on the last boat from the island. This trip takes place in June July and August on Sundays, and occasionally on Thursdays during the summer season as it is in high demand. Fill in the enquiry form.
Fastnet Rock Tour – enquiry form
Boat to Cape Clear and can organise activity on the Island
Walking shoes, rainwear, sunscreen in summer, swimming togs and towel, camera
Things to do in the area
In Baltimore visit the renovated Castle. Take a Sea Safari from the harbour (L) or take a kayaking trip (L) or night kayak trip(L). Drive to Lough Hyne and walk the woods overlooking the nature reserve. Take a snorkelling trip in Lough Hyne (L). Take a day trip drive to Mizen Head and Sheep’s Head. In Skibbereen visit the Heritage Centre which tells the story of the Potato Famine of the 1840s
Good To Know
- The Trip to Cape Clear Island and around Fastnet take place on Sunday’s in summer and may have a mid-week sailing in July and August. It is a day long trip, spending a few hours on the island.
- We suggest going to see the Fastnet Heritage centre and have a meal before taking the trip around Fastnet Rock. On the return journey you will not have much time on the island.
- This is a large comfortable boat with toilet facilities. The island has cafes but you may wish to bring a picnic.
- Parking in Baltimore is on the pier car-park. Baltimore is 1hr 40 minutes drive from Cork, 50 minutes drive from Clonakilty and 15 minutes drive from Skibbereen.
- West Cork is the best area in Ireland to see dolphins, basking sharks and whales. Your skipper will make detours to give you the best possible views.
- Weather on Cape Clear Island and further out to sea at Fastnet Rock Lighthouse is very changeable from the mainland and trips may be cancelled due to fog, strong swell or bad weather. Bookings are provisional and money is not taken from your account until the sailing is confirmed.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded to paying card, up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.