Fitness Level 2
Charter Boat – Max 12 people
Eco Boat Tours
Take a Boat Trip to sea for a whale and dolphin or marine wildlife tour from
Baltimore, West Cork. This area has an abundance of marine life with whales of all sizes, dolphins, basking sharks and seals to be seen. The pinkie whales are here all year around feeding in the rich marine environment. Birdwatching or photography trips can be organised for special interest groups. This is a charter trip for 6-12 people, departing at 10.00am for 2-2.5 hours and at 2pm for 3-3.5 hours.
Sunset Boat Tour around Fastnet Lighthouse
This trip takes around 3 hours starting about 7pm onwards and arriving at Fastnet Rock at sunset. This trip gives you the chance to take magical photos of Fastnet Rock as sunset can paint the sky magnificent colours (best from May to October). The Fastnet Lighthouse is the tallest lighthouse on the west coast of Europe. The Rock is known as Ireland’s Teardrop because it was the last part of Ireland emigrants in past centuries saw as they left Ireland for America and Canada. You will often see dolphins and seals on this trip. This is a charter trip taking 6-12 people
Eco Boat Tour – 10am 2pm
Sunset Boat Trip – Make an enquiry Form
Minimum 6 to maximum 12 people. Books out 2-4 weeks in advance.
Expert Skipper and Boat (with toilet), lifejackets, binoculars and hot drinks. The
boat is a rigid hull stable twin-engined vessel with a large outdoor deck and
Wear layers of clothing to keep you warm with rainwear and hats and tuck
trousers into socks. In Summer wear sunscreen to avoid wind burn and sunburn.
Things to do in the area
Take a Kayak Trip, Family Fun Kayak trip or Night Kayak trip( L). Get up close
to nature with a Sea Safari (L) or try snorkelling in Lough Hyne (L).
Get up close to nature with a Sea Safari (L).
Drive to Glandore village, Drombeg Stone Circle and Skibbereen Heritage
Centre for information on the Famine period. Visit Baltimore Castle and walk to Baltimore Beacon.
Good To Know
- This is a rigid hull boat and ideal for older adults and families.
- This is a charter for groups of 6-12 people, minimum age for boat trips is 10 years of age with parent or guardian. Youngsters under 16 years of age have to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. There must be one adult to each child and advise us of numbers in advance to ensure there are enough lifejackets.
- The boat takes a maximum of 12 people as per Dept of Marine rules. All those under 16 are calculated at the same rate. This boat is not suited to children under 10 or wheelchair users. If you have special needs contact us so we can organise a suitable provider.
- The morning trip lasts 2.5 hours, the afternoon trip 3-3.5 hours and the Sunset trip lasts 3+ hours or more.
- Parking is available on the pier in Baltimore for all sea trips, Eircode P81 HW89.
- All these trips are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. A refund will be provided if weather causes a cancellation – your safety is our first concern.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded to paying card, up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.