Fitness Level 3
High Demand Tour
The guide offers 4 different tours which can be booked privately or as part of a group:
Walking and Singing Tour of Dublin – Take a history tour with songs at each stop along the way. Learn the traditional songs of Dublin with the guide.
Dublin Saunter Tour – take a 3 hour walking tour of Dublin city centre to see the Viking Quarter, Dublin Castle, Trinity College, Christchurch, Temple Bar and Moore Street.
Dublin Pub Tour with Food and Drink – The Dublin Pub Tour with food and drinks to hear the stories and history of Dublin. The tour includes food and drink, with a half pint of beer in each pub plus 2 food courses of soup and brown bread starter followed by Irish Stew Main Course – Option A
Dublin Pub Tour – Meet your local guide at 6.30 in a Dublin city centre pub. Take a 3 hour pub tour to get to know the music, culture and drinks of three of Dublin’s traditional pubs – Option B
Private Tour of Dublin City – With an expert qualified local guide for 2, 4 or 6 hours. Submit an enquiry with details of any special interests or what you would like to see.
Walking Tours 10.30am or 2pm Monday to Saturday.
Pub Tour 6.30pm . Private tours by arrangement.
1. Walking and Singing Tour of Dublin (€40 per person, 4 min -25max, 10.30am or 2pm)
2. Dublin Saunter (€50 per person, 4min/25max, 10.30am or 2pm)
3. Dublin Pub Tour (Time of tour 6.30pm)
Option A – Pub tour including food and drink, with a half pint of beer in each pub plus 2 food courses of soup and brown bread starter followed by Irish Stew Main Course – €80
Option B – Pub tour where group can purchase own drink and food – €60
Expert local guide and music sheets for Singing Tours
Option to have a meal and drinks on the Dublin Pub Tour
Flat walking shoes and rainwear.
Things to do in the area
Trinity College and Book of Kells, Christ Church Cathedral, St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin Castle, Epic Museum Dublin, National Museum (Archaeology, Kildare Street), Guinness Storehouse, National Museum (Collins Barracks), National Gallery, National Library and Archives, Glasnevin Cemetery Tours, Croke Park Tour. Some of these are free and others need to be pre-booked.
Good To Know
- Meeting Place for tours is as follows Walking and Singing Tour of Dublin and Dublin Pub Tour- Jury’s Inn Hotel, Christ Church, Dublin 8.
For Dublin Saunter Tour – Molly Malone, St. Andrew’s Street, Dublin 2
- The Singing Tour and Saunter Tour take place at 10.30am or 2.00pm or by arrangement for groups from 4- 24 people. A smaller private group can submit a request for a private guided tour. For the Singing Tour a songbook will be provided as a memento of the tour.
- These tours give you an overview of Dublin and help you decide what to focus on after the tour.
- The Dublin Pub tour takes place at 6.30pm and includes 3 pubs. There is an option to have food (Soup and Irish Stew) with a half pint of Guinness in 3 pubs.
- Dublin is easy to get around by public transport with a wide network of public buses and a tram system [Luas] on 2 lines. There is limited space for private cars in Dublin City Centre and we suggest that you pick up your hire car after you have finished your city activities.
- When booking please allow some flexibility on the time as these tours are very popular. For groups of 10+ we can organise a special group tour – please fill in the enquiry form.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.
About the Guide
Fiona is a fully qualified Tour Guide who offers interactive tours of Dublin. She also trained as an actor and singer and these talents enliven her tours. She will bring Dublin to life for you as she shares the history and stories of the city in a fun way. You can learn a few songs, take a pub tour or visit the best shops in the city with her. She works in costume which adds extra colour to her tours.