Fitness Level 2
High Demand Tour
12 + Years Old
Take a tour with a difference on Dublin’s River Liffey from the heart of the city to see how history has shaped the city.
Dublin River Kayak – See Dublin city from a different angle for a 2 hour kayak trip on Dublin’s River Liffey. See the sights and hear the story of the city as it developed. Suitable for beginner and more experienced kayakers in double or treble kayaks. Private groups catered for as well.
Kayak and music on the Water – On Saturdays we offer a Kayak session with a difference as we kayak and hear music played by some of the best local artists, taking place on the high tide only, so times will vary each week.
Dublin River Kayak in the city. €40 pp
Kayak & Music on the Water €45 – enquiry form ( Saturdays or by arrangement)
2 people to 30
Kayaks (Double or treble) with paddles, lifejacket, expert local guides
Wear loose clothing, sweatshirt, runners, and rain jacket, suncream in the summer months. We have a store for your backpack.
Things to do in the area
The National Gallery on Merrion Sq, National Museum on Kildare Street and National Museum at Collins Barracks are free to visit.
Visit Croke Park, Book of Kells at Trinity College and Glasnevin Cemetery are some of the many attractions during your stay in Dublin.
Stroll the Grafton Street area with its many shops, St Stephen’s Green park, or the Phoenix Park.
Good To Know
- The river Liffey is tidal so the time for kayaking is a guide, depending on the tide. After booking we will confirm a time for the trip.
- Dublin has 1 main river the Liffey running through its city centre, and the kayak trip will take you up this river to see how Dublin has developed from ancient times when the Vikings called it ‘Dubh Linn’ meaning Black Pool which you will see. See the area where the Vikings used to sail up to on the river.
- We do not take children under 12 on this trip as it is more suited to adults.
- Groups catered for which can be added to other things you many wish to do in Dublin.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.