Fitness Level 3 – 4
2 – 4 Hours
These tours take place in Co Dublin on quiet roads away from heavy traffic at 2 centres close to the Dublin and Wicklow Mountains. The scenery is stunning as you cycle through Wicklow National Park. The guided trails are organised according to difficulty and cater for individuals and groups so choose the tour to suit your fitness and experience level.
1 Glendalough Bike Tour – taking 2.5 hours this 9 km tour is suited to novice cyclists and visits one of Ireland’s most important monastic sites, founded by St Kevin in the 6th Century. Travel the quiet lanes as you pass Glendalough Lakes, a Round Tower, views of Camaderry Mountain and the old miners’ village. Fitness level 3.
2 Dublin Skyline Tour – taking 3 hours, this 12km tour is suited to moderate to expert cyclists. This is an action packed cycle on a swooping single track, taking in breathtaking views of the Dublin city skyline and coast from Three Rock Mountain. Fitness level 4.
3 Wicklow Mountain Bike Tour– taking 3 hours this 14 km off road tour is suited to moderate to expert cyclists. This offers spectacular views of the Wicklow Mountains, Irish Sea and Lough Tay known as the Guinness Lake. Fitness Level 4.
4 Sally Gap Half Day Cycling – This half day tour takes 4 hours over 34 km and is suited to moderate to expert cyclists, and is the most taxing of these cycle trips. It takes in the Wicklow Mountains and Glenmacnass valley with a dramatic sense of isolation and wilderness. You will see St Kevin’s Monastery, Glendalough Round Tower, Lough Tay (The Guinness Lake), Glenmacnass Waterfall and Wicklow National Park. Fitness Level 4.
Make an enquiry – Price depends on tour chosen and number taking part.
Tour 1 Glendalough Relaxing Bike Tour
Tour 2 Dublin Skyline Tour
Tour 3 Wicklow Mountain Bike Tour
Tour 4.Sally Gap Cycling Tour
Expert local Guide on each tour, Vitus Bikes – Bike, Hybrid or mountain bike. Helmets.
Layers of clothing, rainwear, runners or other suitable footwear.
Things to do in the area
Take a Kayak Trip on Dublin’s River Liffey (L). Take a Skyline tour of Ireland’s best known sports stadium, Croke Park.
In Dublin visit Trinity College with the Book of Kells, Guinness Storehouse, Epic Emigration Museum, National Museum or Glasnevin Cemetery for a tour (L)
Good To Know
- Contact us for a group cycle trip, giving details of how many in your group. We can arrange a special tour for a group or add a small group to a trip we have planned. For 2 or 3 people you can ask to join a tour and this may vary from the one you have chosen.
- All tours are fully guided by expert local cycling guides with many years experience.
- There are no electric bikes on these trips.
- The GPS Meeting point will be provided after booking as these tours depart from different locations. There is plenty of parking at the meeting point. Ask for details of public transport to meeting point.
- Minimum age is 12 for any of the cycling trips and all under 18s accompanied by a parent or guardian. For under 18 groups with an adult a form must be signed by a parent or guardian and returned to the office in advance of the trip.
- These trips are very popular and must be paid in full at least 2 weeks before the trip.
- Fitness Level 3 for these tours and need to be able to cycle. Choose the tour to meet your fitness level and time your group are comfortable cycling.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour’s can be booked and refunded up to 7 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.