Fitness Level 3
Take a half day guided cycling tour and experience the history and scenery of the Wild Atlantic Way. Meet your guide and pick up your bikes at the Old Head of Kinsale and travel the lanes from the Old Head along the coast to Garretstown. Enjoy the views along the coast and maybe spot surfers catching waves then travel on to the village of Ballinspittle for tea or coffee in a local cafe. This is a gentle cycle with options of a trip through a local forest or an uphill climb if you wish.
Bike hire 2.5 hrs trip. €50 – min 2 people.
Group booking 5+ people or special enquiry – enquiry form
Places limited so sells out
April, June & Oct- Mon 10.30, Wed 3pm Fri 2pm
July & August – Mon 10.30am Wed 2pm, Friday 3pm
Mountain bikes, helmets, safety vests and expert guide. Drinking water while on bikes and tea or coffee during stop.
Wear layers of clothing and rainwear. Bring a backpack with suncream.
Things to do in the area
See the Lucitania memorial beside the Old Head of Kinsale Signal Station. Go Surfing on the beach by the Old Head of Kinsale (L). Take an Eco boat trip around the Old Head of Kinsale for half a day to see the local sealife (L). Take a stroll through the lanes of Kinsale town and sample food from the gourmet restaurants. Take a guided tour of Charles Fort at the entrance to Kinsale Harbour.
Good To Know
- This trip is suited to children of 12 years or older, but for those under 18 years of age please advise at time of booking, as they may need smaller helmets and jackets.
- Park in the free carpark at the Old Head of Kinsale Heritage Centre.
- Groups catered for with pre-booking at a time to suit the group.
- Fitness Level 3 required and ability to cycle a bike for this activity. Children’s bikes are not available for this activity.
- The majority of the cycling is on flat ground, with the occasional hill along the route.
- The scenery is spectacular, so make sure to bring a camera.
- This activity can be combined with other activity in the area on a day in Kinsale.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.