Fitness Level 3
Cork is Ireland’s second city is built in a valley around the River Lee and has a great sense of its own importance in Ireland’s history, development and culture A great way to explore the history and vibrant culture of Cork city by a gently paced bike ride. There are two cycle tour options, both last 3 hours and are led by a local guide. Both tours start and finish in a central location close to parking facilities. Meet your local guide in Cork city centre with car parking close by.
1 Cork City Cycle Tour – Cycle through colourful streets, city parks, and riverside pathways. The tour explores Cork’s intriguing history and vibrant culture and reveals a few of Cork’s hidden secrets. The tour includes the Shakey bridge, Shandon, Victoria Quarter, Elizabeth Fort and city churches and cathedrals. Cork boasts over 30 bridges and over 20 church spires. See how many you can count as you explore the city. Starts at 10 am Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday
2 Cork Greenway Cycle – This tour takes a circular route that runs alongside Cork harbour and along the disused Blackrock railway. On the tour there is beautiful scenery and you will discover Corks’ Maritime heritage and the important role the harbour played in the cities development through the centuries. The tour takes in many historical and cultural sites including the Marina, Pairc Ui Caomh and Blackrock Castle. Starts at 5 pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday
3 Corporate Cycling Trip – A corporate cycling tour along the Greenaway or in other areas of Cork can be organised for 6 or more people. We also recommend a coffee stop to allow people to spend time together in the open air. Send an enquiry form with details of requirements.
All Cycling Tours are for 2.5-3hours guided trip with bike and equipment for that time only. If you wish to hire bikes for a day please send an enquiry form
Cork City Cycling Tour €49 per person
Cork Greenway Tour €49 per person
Corporate Tour by arrangement
Min of 2 per booking to a max of 10 people. If the group is more that 10 people please use the contact form.
Cork City Cycling Tour 10am Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Cork Greenway Cycling Tour 5pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
May to September or by arrangement.
April and October at Friday and Saturday or by arrangement
Adult Bikes, helmet, Hi-viz vest, local guide.
Option to book Accommodation in Cork by request
Walking shoes or runners for cycling.
Wear layers of clothing, waterproofs, medication, drinks & snacks in a backpack.
Sunscreen in Summer.
Things to do in the area
1 Take a Guided Food History Tour in Cork city ( Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) – which will visit Crawford Art Gallery, Butter Museum and Shandon area, English Market.
2 Take A Cork Walking Tour
3 Visit Blarney Castle and Gardens close to Cork City
4 Visit Cork City heritage sites – Nano Nagle Centre, Elizabeth Fort, University College Cork, Cork Civic Museum, Blackrock Castle and Observatory, Cork City Gaol.
Good To Know
- Cork city is built in a valley of the River Lee and the majority of the tour will take place on flat ground at an easy pace.
- The bikes used are Hybrid bikes with a minimum age of 15 on these cycling tours.
- Tour groups must comply with Covid Protocols in 2021 and social distancing will be maintained throughout the tours. Family groups will be given priority.
- All booking will take 24 hours to confirm.
- Always wear a helmet and hi-viz vest when cycling. If wearing long trousers tucked into socks for safety.
- Wear bright visible clothing and bring weatherproof clothing.
- Bring a phone to take photos but do not wear earphones when cycling.
- The Guide will tell of the history and stories of the city as you cycle, stopping to point out the important places.
- Tours use adult bikes – if you have children on the tour please fill in a contact form. As the Cork City Cycling Tour is partially on city streets they are not suited to people under 16 years of age. Families will find the Greenway tour more suited to their safety needs.
- The City Tour route is on-road and the Greenway route is mostly off-road. Care must be taken by each cyclist at junctions, bends and entrances in the city, so take care and anticipate walkers or drivers’ actions at these junctions and along the route.
- Be courteous and respectful of other cyclists or walkers along the route.
- Leave no Trace- make sure to take any refuse with you and dispose at trail-head bins.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.