Fitness Level 3
High Demand Tour
This amazing stadium is home to the Gaelic Athletic Association, Ireland’s largest sporting body and a key part of national life. It has seen some historic events in its time stretching back to Ireland’s struggle for independence. This is where passions run high on the day of a big tie in the sports of Gaelic Football, Hurling and Camogie. It has also hosted concerts by artists such as U2 and Bruce Springsteen. The stadium is 20 minutes walk from the city centre or you can take a bus from O’Connell St to Croke Park (Nos. 1,7, 11, 13, 14 and many more)
We offer two options for you:
Skyline Tour – this guided tour will take you to the roof of the 17 storey stadium giving a panoramic view of Dublin city. Hear the stories of the many iconic areas of the park. This tour finishes at the museum where you can have a go at the sports of Hurling and Gaelic Football. To include the stadium visit look at next option.
Croke Park Combined tour – This is the Skyline Tour along with a guided tour of the Stadium where you will get pitch side, see the dressing rooms, trophy rooms and upper tiers and to finish you might try your hand at the games of Hurling and Gaelic football.
Stadium Tour – This tour is ideal for families with young children and those with mobility issues. It takes you through the stadium into dressing rooms, the warm up room, pitch side and the upper tier for a birds eye view of the stadium. This is a fully guided tour. It concludes in the museum where you can try your hand at some of the sports.
Skyline Tour 9.30 or 14.30, Combined Tour 11.30 or 14.30 Stadium Tour – by arrangement
Stadium Tour €16 – by arrangement send enquiry
Croke Park Skyline Tour € 26. 11.30. 14.30
Croke Park Combined Tour. € 30.00. 11.30 14.30
Guided tours of Croke Park Stadium – pre-booked. Very busy in Summer season so book well in advance.
Walking shoes or runners, layers of clothing and rainwear.
Things to do in the area
Dublin River Liffey Kayaking (L). Tour nearby Glasnevin Cemetery (L)
Visit the Kilmanhan Gaol, The National Museum Kildare Street ( antiquities), Guinness Storehouse, Old Jameson Distillery, National Gallery, Book of Kell’s at Trinity College. There is so much to do in Dublin
Good To Know
- Both these tours people are open to people aged 12 years and over and 1.2 meters or more in height, for safety reasons. The Stadium Tour only is open to younger people.
- There are 100 steps to climb up before the tour, and climb down after the tour.
- Tour times above are approximate and need to be confirmed after booking. There may be a match or event on in the stadium. Stadium only tours take place from 9.30 to 15.00 and can be requested for any hour during that time.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your start time for a Croke Park tour – it’s a big place and entry for all tours is only from Jones’ Road entrance to Museum and ticket office. Parking for the museum is on street near the entrance.
- You need to have a reasonable level of fitness and inform your guide of any medical conditions which may affect your participation in the tour.
- You cannot take part in the Skyline Tour if you have undergone surgery in the past 6 months, have broken bones or are on crutches, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, suffer from vertigo, have a visual impairment, back or limb injury, epilepsy or severe asthma,
- The Skyline tour is not suited to people with a fear of heights, those with heart or back conditions or are 24 weeks pregnant. There is a list of terms and conditions for participation in these tours.
- You cannot take part in the Skyline Tour if you have undergone surgery in the past 6 months, have broken bones or are on crutches, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or suffer from vertigo or a visual impairment.
- When booking please allow some flexibility on the time as these tours are very popular. For groups of 10+ we can organise a special group tour – please fill in the enquiry form.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.