Fitness Level 2
This is a fun evening with a knowledgeable local guide who will take you on a taste trail of Cork city. Starting with the English Market we sample the famous local artisan foods, we then taste some of the drink produced in the city, cheese of the area with a drink followed by a dessert? We have 3 food and 2 drinks stops in the tour which lasts 3 hours.
This trip does include a tour of the English Market but no food tasting. There will be 3+ tastings, 2 drinks along the way and more if you choose. This tour needs a minimum of 6 people to run.
Thursday 4pm to 7.30pm for pubic tour. Private tour by arrangement
Departure & Return
Meet Cork city at 4pm on Thursday evening for a 3 hour stroll of tapas tasting and drinking.
€75 per person
Min 4 Max 20. The public tours need a minimum of 4 prople to run. We will confirm tour is running 24 hours before departure.
For 20+ people – please inquire and more than one guide can be organised.
Guide who will take you around the city centre on a tasting trail with a difference
Good To Know
- The Tour Starts in Cork city’s Patrick Street Pub at 3.30pm on Thursday’s or by arrangement and finishing at 7 pm in another city pub. In between we visit the English Market for tastings, and tapas at different restaurants along our route.
- The tour has 5 stops with drinks or food at each stop. There is a food tasing in the English Market as part of the tour. We cannot provide for any special dietary needs as it is a group booking. You choose what you eat and drink.
- The tour is for a group of 6+ people.
- There is no discount for people who do not drink alcohol, but minerals and soft drinks are provided for non-drinkers. The food is the main focus of this tour.
- This tour is for people aged 18+ and not suited to younger people.
- Fitness Level 2 for this tour due to some walking and steps on city streets, please advise if one of your group is in a wheelchair or has mobility difficulty.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to the paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.
About the Guide
Maire was raised in the picturesque West Cork Gaeltacht, starting to learn English at 7 years of age. She has a detailed knowledge of Munster, and her home county of Cork in particular. She now divides her time between the village of Blarney and the beautiful Mizen Peninsula.
She has a Degree in Home Economics with Irish from UCG. She spent 25 years teaching at second level, mainly in Doneraile near the Ballyhoura Mountains in North County Cork.
She also served as Catering Officer on the Irish Sail Training Vessel Asgard Two for four years and later worked with the Irish Tourism Training Body. All these jobs helped foster her love of food and cookery.
She has operated a Self Catering property in West Cork for ten years and saw the need for a mechanism for visitors to book their activities in advance.
She loves the outdoors and water based activities in particular and finds the glorious scenery of West Cork to be the perfect setting for getting closer to nature.
All these aspects came together to inspire her to set up Activity Days to facilitate visitors to Ireland.