Fitness Level 2
This is a fun trip around Cork City with a map, set of clues and photos. Take your selfies with the buildings and places mentioned. Meet at the Crawford Art Gallery and take a family or group secret food tour in teams of up to 4. This is a time limited event where you find the clues around Cork city on the food history. Make sure you have a camera for the selfies
This is a treasure hunt around the city centre for teenagers to find the clues in relation to Cork Food, learn history and take lots of selfies. Review with adult at the end of the 2 hour tour to see which team wins the prize – food of course.
Each team should have an adult present
By arrangement for groups of 4+, best with 8+ people. An adult guardian must accompany each group of 3 teenagers and be responsible for them.
Departure & Return
Start and finish at Crawford Art Gallery, Cork
€20 a head
Minimum 6 Maximum 30
Prize for Winning team
Map, List of Clues, a sheet to fill in the information found. A Master sheet for the co-ordinator who can check who has the full clues and information with fun activity videos.
Flat walking shoes or runners, rainwear, a mobile phone per group
Things To Do in the area
Take a family Fun Kayak Trip on River Lee (L), Visit Blackrock Castle, Fota Wildlife Park or Spike Isalnd(L)
Good To Know
- This tour starts at the Crawford Art Gallery and finishes 90 minutes later at the same place.
- This is a great way to learn some English in Cork, get to know the foods of the city and its lanes.
- Parking in Cork at Paul Street Carpark is nearest carpark to start and end of this tour.
- A Guide will meet you at the start to explain the game and rules.
The groups should have an adult with the group, for safety reasons. It is
the responsibility of the organiser to ensure this.
- The clues are all mixed up, so take a few minutes at the start of the tour to decide on your route to cover the most number of clues in the 90 minutes allocated.
- Selfies and videos taken on participants phones are shown as evidence that they were at the place designated in the clue. Most clues are visual but there are some clues written in English.
- At the end of the tour sit down together and compare answers and photos
to see who wins. There should be an adult moderator of the group, deciding on who gets the points and is the final winner. There will be a small compensation prize for each member of the teams, which the moderator will keep with clues until the end of the time. We recommend sitting down with a coffee to see who has won.
- We would love a few of your photos to share, if you wish to email them to us at email@example.com, but no pressure. There is a prize of Activity Days Vouchers for the best photos!
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 3 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to the paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.
About the Guide
Maire was raised in the picturesque West Cork Gaeltacht, starting to learn English at 7 years of age. She has a detailed knowledge of Munster, and her home county of Cork in particular. She now divides her time between the village of Blarney and the beautiful Mizen Peninsula.
She has a Degree in Home Economics with Irish from UCG. She spent 25 years teaching at second level, mainly in Doneraile near the Ballyhoura Mountains in North County Cork.
She also served as Catering Officer on the Irish Sail Training Vessel Asgard Two for four years and later worked with the Irish Tourism Training Body. All these jobs helped foster her love of food and cookery.