Fitness Level 2
Boat – Rib
12 + Years Old
1 – 2 Hours
Cork Harbour is the second largest in the world with centuries of history and stories. Get on the water and experience the thrill of the wind in your face and smell of the sea.
1 Boat Trip in a RIb for 1 hour – Take a Boat trip in a rib from Cobh around Cork Harbour in your own boat with a Guide in a boat beside you. The guide will bring the history of this famous harbour to life during a 1 hour boat trip for up to 4 people per boat. You will see the islands of Haulbowline and Spike, the entrance to Cork harbour at Roches point and is one of the best ways to see the large cruise ships which dock in Cobh. Daily 9am to 6pm on the hour.
2 Boat Trip in a Rib for 2 hours – This 2 hour evening tour includes the islands of Haulbowline, Spike, Roches Point Lighthouse and Crosshaven. Takes place at 6.30-8.30 or by arrangement for a group. Max of 4 per self- drive boat with guide in a nearby boat.
3 Sea Safari Rib Tour – Take a rib at speed around Cork harbour where your Skipper will tell of the history, sights and wildlife in Cork Harbour. Trips from 1, 2 or 3 hours with option to stop off in bars and restaurants along the way.
Rib for up to 4 people which you drive, fuel, lifejackets and guide in an accompanying boat
Rib Tour for 20 people
Layers of Clothing , rainwear, hat and sunscreen!
Things to do in the area
Visit Spike Island in Cork Harbour and see the …. (L). Visit the Cobh heritage centre which tells of the history of immigration from Cobh, formerly called Queenstown. Take a Guided walking tour of the town of Cobh see and hear the effects of the shipping on this port for Ireland.(L)
Good To Know
- The boat trips are suited to adults or a family for an hour trip. The 2 hour trip is a great way for companies to give staff a nee vie of Cork’s majestic harbour.
- The Rib trips are suited to adults only and can pick up from Cobh, Aghada, Crosshaven, Monkstown and Cork City. We can book a meal afterwards and a bus back to your base. Great for corporate trip or team building. Tell us how many people in your group and other details and we can give you a price.
- Rib and Food and Drink tours can be organised for a group. On a 1 hour trip we don’t stop, there is 1 stop on a 2 hour tour and 2 stops on a 3 hour trip. Other activities can be added to the trip if you wish.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.