Fitness Level 2
Medium Demand Tour
18 + Years Old
Discover the story and history of whiskey on a walk with an expert guide in Cork city. Visit the site of what was the most famous distillery in the south of Ireland as well as a select group of pubs. There are 4 stops on this tour with a wood-fired pizza lunch at the first stop with a Charcutiere plate of local cheese and meats at a later stop. and a beer or cask mate beer/whiskey. Have a glass of local stout, a caskmate Whiskey/Beer, taste a selection of premium Cork & Midleton Irish Pot Sill Whiskey, or creamy Irish coffee, as well as some local cheeses and meats. For a group we can arrange of 6+ people a private tour. This tour is for adults only and a Fitness Level 2. Departure Time varies from 1 to 3 pm depending on first client to book that day
3pm by arrangement
Departure & Return
Franciscan Well Cork and finish at McCurtain St Cork
Per person €70
Group Rate for 5 + ( €65)
Minimum 2 Maximum 12
Expert local guide and distiller, Food and drinks along a route in Cork city
Walking shoes and rainwear.
Things to Do in the area
Cork Food History tour in the morning would lead into this tour (L). Take a Food Tour in Clonakilty (L) on Fridays. An Old Butter Roads Bus tour on a Wednesday visits a distillery or cider maker. Visit Spike Island or take a boat trip around Cork harbour from Cobh (L).
Good To Know
- Tour Starts at Francisca Well North Mall Cork and finishes in Shelbourne Bar on McCurtain Street, both in Cork city.
- This tour is for adults only as there is alcohol involved and over 18 years of age.
- There is no discount for people who do not drink alcohol, but minerals and soft drinks are provided for non-drinkers. This tour is about the experience and expertise of the distiller who gives the tour.
- Please do not drive after this tour.
- The food provided is a Wood Fired Pizza for lunch, Charcuterie board of local meats and cheese as well as drinks. We cannot provide for any special dietary needs as it is a group booking. You choose what you eat and drink.
- Fitness Level 2 for this tour due to some walking and steps on city streets, please advise if one of your group is in a wheelchair.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to the paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.