Fitness Level 2
Clonakilty is a charming West Cork Market town on the Wild Atlantic Way. Take a walking Food Trail to meet the artisan food producing businesses in Clonakilty from 11am to 3pm each Friday during the summer months. Meet the local food producers, taste the artisan foods with 8 different producers offering their food and drink and hear the stories of their produce. Taste West Cork Cheese, breads, Chocolate, Ice Cream and much more.
Friday’s in Summer 11am – 3pm.
Departure & Return
Meet in Cafe in centre of Clonakilty, West Cork for up to 4 hours.
€65 per person
For 12+ please inquire below
Walking Guide with detailed knowledge of Clonakilty Market food producers.
Sips and Nibbles at each stop.
Comfortable shoes, a rainwear and a camera.
Good To Know
* The tour takes place rain or shine from June to the end of August and sells well in
advance as it is a small group tour taking place once a week
* This tour is not suited to children under 14 and has to be booked at least 5 days in
* If you have dietary restrictions please advise the local guide at the start of the
* Meet at Arís Cafe before 11am and finishing at the Chocolate factory at 3pm.
* The booking is for an enquiry and if payment is made for the tour is non-
All tour participants will be required to sign a registration form prior to the tour commencing. Any participants that refuse to sign the registration form will not be permitted to accompany us on the tour, and no refund will be offered should this happen.
* Participants are also responsible for their own food allergy protections. Every place visited will have allergen information on site and can provide it to the participants, but if anyone is unsure our advice would be to forgo the samples for their own health and safety.
- Fitness Level 2 for this tour due to steps to be climbed. Please advise if you have a person with limited walking or a wheelchair as we can modify the tour to meet the group requirements
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to the paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.
About the Guide
Kate is passionate about the food of west Cork. She writes in many publications on the food producers and chefs of Cork. She gives a Food Tour each Friday morning (Summer only). She is available for Private Tour or Experience can be arranged at any time of the year in West Cork. Details of your group size, time available and budget need on enquiry form