Fitness Level 3
Belfast is a fascinating city with a turbulent past which has become one of the hottest destinations in the world in recent years. The best way to see any city is with an expert Local Guide who knows the place inside out. Our Guide is steeped in the history and heritage of Belfast, his grandfather having worked in the famous Harland and Wolff shipyard. You decide when booking whether you want to walk or cycle around the city as he brings it alive for you, using a radio mic system so you can hear clearly.
Belfast History Walking Tour – Your tour takes in the maritime heritage of the city including the ill-fated Titanic in the shipyard area along the River Lagan. Hear stories of rebellion and Belfast’s connection with the American Declaration of Independence. Admire key sites such as City Hall, the beautiful Victorian core area and the Cathedral Quarter with its murals and street art. The tour takes two hours and covers about 6kms on the flat.
Belfast City Cycling Tour – This is a great way to see more of what Belfast has to offer. Start near the modern docklands with a cycle along the Maritime Mile. See the giant Harland and Wolff Gantry Cranes, the Titanic Slipway and other dry docks, SS Nomadic which was the tender for Titanic and the studios where Game of Thrones was filmed. Back across the River Lagan hear about the origins of Belfast and the upheavals that have shaped the modern city. See the iconic City Hall, the Cathedral quarter and Belfast’s Leaning Tower, the Albert Memorial, finishing at the Customs House. This tour takes 2 hours and covers about 11 kms on the flat.
Walking Saturday 5pm
Cycling Sunday 10am and 2pm .
Both can be arranged at another time for a group of 5+
Walking Tour €30 pp.
Cycling Tour €35 pp
Group Enquiry for 5+ or other time – Enquiry Form
Walking 2-14 people , Cycling 2-10 people
Walking – Local Guide with mike, headset, and photos of the city
Cycling – Bikes, Helmets, Hi-viz vests and Guide with a mike system.
Flat shoes, layers of clothing, rainwear and a backpack. Bring a camera for some great photos
Things to do in the area
Take a boat trip on the River where Titanic was built (L). Visit the area of the Troubles in a Black Taxi (L). Take a day long Game of Thrones trip along the coast(L).
Visit Titanic Belfast – book the Discovery Tour for the best views of the dramatic building and for Titanic History. Visit the Ulster Museum where there are some props from Game of Thrones as well an excellent ‘Troubles’ exhibition. The Botanic Gardens nearby includes an original Victorian Glasshouse full of tropical plants. Visit Crumlin Road Gaol.
Good To Know
- Both these tours start at the Big Fish, an iconic statue beside the river Lagan close to the city centre.
- The cycling trip is not suited to those under 16 years of age.
- Parking at on of the city centre carparks.
- This is a walking or cycling tour with history going back over 300 years from plantation to Partition times and how the city has been trasformed.
- We can advise on other things to do in Belfast to make the most of your day in this vibrant city
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.