Fitness Level 3
Visit Bantry House and Gardens with our local guide, have a sampling of local artisan food, enjoy a short ferry ride across Bantry Bay to Whiddy island, and a guided walk on the island. Our guide will enthral you with the history of the magnificent Bantry House and Gardens, and Whiddy island, and tell you about mussel farming, and local food artisans. Take a half day tour Fridays at 10am, returning to Bantry on the 1.45pm ferry. The café on the island serves refreshments and lunch (at own cost). Experience an island which has not changed much in the last century.
Price & Variables
For 2 people €60 Per person
2+ people €55 per person
Guide, Ferry Trip, Visit to Bantry House, artisan Food samples
Walking Shoes, rainwear, sunscreen and backpack
Things to Do in the area
Trip to Garnish Island in Bantry Bay (L)
Night Kayak in Glengarriff or Family Fun Kayak during the day (L)
Walk along strand in Bantry or walk on the Sheep’s Head Peninsula.
Drive to Mizen Head or Beara Peninsula for a day.
Good To Know
- The guide is a qualified National Tour Guide (white badge), and also speaks German and French.
- Price Includes the entry to Bantry House and Ferry trip to Whiddy Island with Food tasting.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to the paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.