Fitness Level 3
12 + Years Old
Cliff Climb – Suited to individuals, families and groups, beginners and experienced, weather permitting. Climb cliffs using ropes to support you in the Burren with a guide to advise you on the best route to the top. Feel a real sense of achievement on reaching the top and enjoy dramatic views of the famous Burren landscape.
Kayak – Take a 2 hour kayak trip down the River Cullenagh in Ennistymon, Co Clare which rises from the Burren’s limestone rocks. This is also avaiiable at sea at Lahinch on calm days with an expert guide. Kayaks are mostly single but a double can be requested
Paddleboarding – balance on a board as you travel down the river using a paddle to steer with. This can be done at sea on a calm day. Suited to families, groups and individuals
Cliff Climb €45pp.
Kayak or Paddle Board €45
Cliff Climb 6 per guide (extra guides available)
We are based in Lahinch to fit equipment Then Mini-bus to cliff climb or Kayy or SUP. ( Wetsuits missing)
Mini-bus. Cliff Climb – All Cliff Cimbing equipment provided.
Kayak or SUP – Paddle boards and paddles, buoyancy aids, helmets.
Cliff Climb – bring sturdy runners or boots, warm clothing and rainwear, sun-cream (in summer) and hat and gloves in winter. For more challenging climbs and more experienced climbers bring your own climbing boots.
Kayaking or SUP – Towel, change of clothes, shorts, t-shirts and sweatshirt. Old runners if you have them.
Things to do in the area
Visit the Cliffs of Moher, Surf at Lahinch, Burren Walking Experience, Visit a Goats Cheese Farm for Tour, Smoked Salmon Tour,
Good To Know
- Meet your Guide at the seafront at Lahinch who will provide transport to the starting point for river based activity. For Cliff Climb you can follow the guide to the starting point in your own vehicle if you wish.
- On a calm day the Kayaking and Paddle Boarding can be done either at sea or on river.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the trip start time.
- Showers and changing rooms are provided at the base centre.
- There is a paid carpark on the seafront at Lahinch beside the departure point.
- Cancellation Policy – this tour can be booked and refunded up to 5 days before the tour starts. Money will be refunded to paying card, apart from a €5 booking deposit per person booked.
At Activity Days, our priority is your safety, well being and enjoyment of this activity. Please note the following;
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate clothing, footwear and equipment where specified. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity if you fail to do so and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the fitness criteria prescribed for this activity. Please note that the guide may refuse participation in the activity on this basis and your activity fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that we and our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity if you are intoxicated, if refuse to comply with the instructions of the guide, if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others for any reason, or are deemed unfit or unable to participate (in the reasonable opinion of Activity Days or the Guide). In this event, your fee will not be refunded.
- €5 retained per activity
Please refer to our terms and conditions of sale for more information.