North Cork has some of Ireland’s richest farmland in an area known as the Golden Vale. The River Blackwater provides ample fishing opportunities for the keen angler. The area’s greatest resource for outdoor activities is the Ballyhoura Mountain area known as the Munster Peaks. Here you can find mountain trails for exhilarating walks and superb bike trails for mountain biking at a number of different ability levels. You can also find some ideal territory for orienteering among the tree clad slopes at a number of different levels.
Guided activities you can book:
Location: Various starting points are available: Kinsale, Clonakilty, Timoleague, Crookhaven or Bantry. Choose 2 of the following activities for a day of fun, ideal for team building or hen or stag party:-
- Paddle boarding
- Sea Kayaking
- Archery Tag
All equipment will be provided by the Guides. Price €40 for a half day or €70 for a full day
Go fishing on the bank of a lake close to Mallow – Bring your own equipment or a rod can be hired at the same centre for €5 in a small lake. The best time for fishing is from 4pm – 9pm in the evening when fish are more likely to be biting.
Catch and Release for €30.
Group Activity at a centre in North Cork – for more than 6 people. Pick from a package of activities on water, land or high harness. On water you can go kayaking, raft building or wake boarding. On land you can try archery, rope work or bouldering (rock climbing indoors). With the aid of a harness take a biplane over the lake, abseil the side of a quarry or take a 160m biplane across the lake. Pick a half day or full day package of activities.
- Walking trails in Ballyhoura with loop walks
- Childrens Nature Trail at ….
- Free Audio Guide to the villages of Bruff, Kilmallock and Doneraile with the app Guidigo
- Visit Animal Magic in Kilmallock ….. , an animal and bird rescue centre who put on a display of falconry and owns….
- The Charleville Show on 28 & 29 June has the a weekend of competitors for cattle, hens, show jumping skills, bakers…
- The Beast of Ballyhoura is an Ironman festival taking place in ….www.beastofballyhoura.com
- Thursday – Mitchelstown in Square,
- Friday am in Mallow in carpark of Co-op Store,
- Saturday am Fermoy and Killavullen (in Nano Nagle Centre)
If you would like a Free Factsheet on what to do in North Cork just add your email address below and select ‘Best of North Cork’